Change in GM Hourly Direct Deposit Process
IMPORTANT: Change in GM Hourly Direct Deposit Process effective Monday, June 12, 2017
In an effort to enhance security and to protect their employees from any potential harmful fraudulent activity, GM Payroll is making the following changes to the direct deposit processing for hourly employees effective Monday, June 12, 2017:
- All hourly employees will be required to make changes to their direct deposit information through the Employee Self Service (ESS) system that is currently in place. Paper forms will no longer be accepted by the payroll processing team after this date. Instructions for using the ESS system are included below.
- We are also encouraging our employees to update their Federal and State W-4 forms through ESS.
The Benefits of Employee Self Service (ESS) include:
- A single, secure ADP portal where an employee’s confidential payroll and tax information is stored.
- ESS is easy-to-navigate and is available 24-7, regardless of where the employee is located.
- ESS is accessed using the same login and password the employee has set up for IPay.
- The ability to quickly and securely change banking and W4 information online.
- Eliminates the need for paper forms.
- Changes are made immediately.
- Enhanced security, no risk of forms with personal information getting lost, misplaced, or compromised.
- From home, or any location not on the GM network: https://ssoportal.globalview.adp.com/login/gm/gm_login.fcc
- Hourly Communication Channel: https://hcc.gm.com
- Socrates/GM Payroll Website: https://socrates.gm.com/socratessites/usa/en/gm/home/personal/payroll.html
Please note that the ESS site cannot be accessed through IPay, even though the employee will use their IPAY login credentials. They must use the specific URL above.
All employees have the ability to register with IPay and the ESS Portal to make banking and W-4 changes online. This is by far the fastest and most secure way of making changes. We are requiring employees to update bank information online through the portal to eliminate the need for the paper form.
If you have any questions, please contact the Payroll Help Desk at 866-245-5957.